Yoga Kit… Necessary Stuff!
It is true that you can do Yoga just about anywhere and without the need of any equipment, even a mat is somewhat of a plus to have rather than a necessity. Similarly, you can teach Yoga to children without anything more than the love and enthusiasm you share both for children and Yoga!
However, after a few months at our studio we have noticed that there are some “instruments” that are nice to have handy during our kids Yoga classes. These are everyday materials, that simply make class a little easier and much more fun!
- Balls: children love to play with balls and as soon as they see one they get really excited and just want to throw or kick it! Kids love participating in activities with this great prop. For more detailed activities, you can check our post: “Balls… Props That Come In All Sizes”.
- Colorful Handkerchiefs: not only do they light up the room with their different colors, they are great for breathing exercises and can also be used as butterfly wings, amongst other things.
- Soft floor: If you can splurge a little, cushioned floor mats are worth the extra investment. Having a soft but sturdy floor gives kids the extra confidence they need to try difficult poses!
- Yoga Posture Cards: can be used for games such as memory and freeze and are a great tool for introducing new postures or as when having the kids make up their own sequences.
- Music: Everybody loves music. You can create different moods depending on the music that you choose.
Creativity: last but certainly not least… creativity is by far the most important tool to always have present in a kids Yoga class!